Leidos is looking for Transmission & Distribution Engineers for our Honolulu, HI location. The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for design and planning related activities associated with electric transmission, distribution, and substation facilities.
Responsibilities may also include system planning assignments from time to time. This position will be a member of a design team comprised of engineers, designers, and CAD technicians and will also coordinate and collaborate directly with client representatives to complete work.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS IN HAWAII.
No two career paths will ever look the same.
At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's World's Most Ethical Companies .
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Technical & Non-Technical Training Opportunities
- Leadership Opportunities
- Mentorship & Training Opportunities
- Opportunity to Lead, Grow, and Inspire a Dynamic Team
In this role, you can also expect to:
- Develop NESC expertise
- Interface with local clients
- Perform electrical power calculations
- Interact with other disciplines (Substation, Protection & Controls, and Civil/Structural)
- Interact with other departments (Planning, Protection, Construction, and Operations)
- Support strategic development
- Support expanding a portfolio of business
Transmission & Distribution Engineer Primary Responsibilities:
- Complete tasks and assignments based on direction provided by more senior staff
- Delegate tasks and assignments and provide guidance/mentoring to less-experienced engineers and technicians
- Provide quality control for work performed under your direction
- Conduct site investigations to assess existing conditions, identify potential constructability issues, and develop possible solutions
- Perform engineering calculations and analyses, using client and industry software where applicable
- Apply the minimum requirements of the National Electrical Safety Code to the design processes
- Work with client and other standards to implement design
- Prepare design drawings suitable for use in installing equipment and constructing facilities
- Work with a designer/drafter to create the required drawings for each project
- Develop bill of materials for each project; use client standard software platforms for material procurement
- Perform periodic site inspections during construction
- Provide engineering support to crews and contractors during construction
- Prepare as-built record drawings of completed installations and construction
- Coordinate with project stakeholders to execute preliminary engineering, design and construction support
To be considered for the following levels:
- Entry Level: Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and two (2-) or less years of Electrical Engineering experience, with a preference for experience in electric utility planning and design with either electric utilities or consulting firms
- Mid Level: Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and two plus (2) + years of Electrical Engineering experience, with a preference for experience in electric utility planning and design with either electric utilities or consulting firms
Electrical Engineer Professional Attributes:
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure situations
- Team player who can work effectively in team environment
- Self-starter who can work independently with minimal direction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required when interfacing with clients and staff
- Detail oriented with attention to quality
- Strong analytical skills and proven problem solver in both team and independent environments
- High level of computer competency
- Willingness to travel to project and/or client sites
Electrical Engineer Preferred Qualifications:
- Engineer-In-Training ( EIT ) professional certification preferred, or goal to complete requirements within 6 months of hire date
- Professional Engineering ( PE ) license a plus, or goal to pursue within 1 year of hire date (or upon qualification for the exam)
Pay Range $53,300.00 - $82,000.00 - $110,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.