Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Quality is in our DNA -- is it in yours?
You put the pro in medical laboratory professional. You've got problem-solving instincts, a passion for patient care, and the technical training to deliver quality results. You're also looking for great benefits, the support of an all-star team, and an opportunity to grow your career.
Join our front line of #HealthcareHeroes! Our mission is to advance the health and wellbeing of our communities as a leader in clinical laboratory solutions.
This opportunity is:
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
In this Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory role you will:
- Perform routine and complex analytical test on human body fluids and tissues to provide accurate data to the health care team for optimal diagnosis, and treatment monitoring of disease states
- Analyze, review, and report testing results
- Recognize when corrective action is needed and implement effective solutions
- Work in a fast-paced laboratory environment with biological and chemical hazards
- Champion safety, compliance, and quality control
All you need is:
- Bachelor's Degree in medical technology or related science from an accredited program
- Current and active certification from the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) as a laboratory scientist (MLS) formerly known as MT/CLS or American Medical Technologist as Medical Laboratory Technician or MLT (AMT).
- Strong reading, writing, and analytical skills
- Ability to operate general laboratory equipment, including but not limited to: telephones, computers, automated analyzers, centrifuges, microscopes, manual and automated pipettes, and audible alarms
Bonus points if you've got:
- 2+ years of laboratory experience in a hospital/commercial lab setting.
We'll give you:
- Appreciation for your work
- A feeling of satisfaction that you've helped people
- Opportunity to grow in your profession
- Free lab services for you and your dependents
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Help saving for retirement, with a 401(k) plus a company match
- A sense of belonging - we're a community!
We also want you to know:
This role will have routine access to Protected Health Information (PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable safeguards and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as well as abide by all applicable privacy and security standards. Employees are expected only to access PHI when it is required to fulfill job duties.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Clinical Laboratories of Hawaii, LLP
In 2008 Clinical Labs of Hawaii became a member of Sonic Healthcare Ltd . Sonic is headquartered in Sydney, Australia. Since its establishment in 1987, Sonic Healthcare has grown to become the world's third largest pathology/laboratory medicine company with operations in eight countries. Sonic's success stems from the belief that a global culture of Medical Leadership leads to the delivery of outstanding medical services. Learn more about our medical leadership, values, and foundation principles below.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.