Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
You put the pro in medical laboratory professional. You've got problem-solving instincts, a passion for patient care, and the technical training to deliver quality results. You're also looking for great benefits, the support of an all-star team, and an opportunity to grow your career.
Join our front line of #HealthcareHeroes! Our mission is to advance the health and wellbeing of our communities as a leader in clinical laboratory solutions. Quality is in our DNA -- is it in yours?
This opportunity is (full-time, part-time, PRN) during (first, second, third) shift.
In this role, you will:
- Perform a vital part of the patient care process through embedding and preparing slides for routine H & E and special stain procedures
- Performs and documents scheduled preventative maintenance
- Recognize when troubleshooting is needed for processing, embedding, cutting, staining
- Work in a fast-paced laboratory environment with biological and chemical hazards
- Champion safety, compliance, and quality control
All you need is:
- At minimum graduation from a school of Histotechnology accredited by CAHEA/NAACLS AND HT (ASCP)
- 1 year of laboratory training or experience performing high complexity testing
- Certification from the American Society of Clinical Pathologists or equivalent
- Strong reading, writing, and analytical skills
- Ability to operate general laboratory equipment, including but not limited to: telephones, computers, automated analyzers, centrifuges, microscopes, manual and automated pipettes, and audible alarms
Bonus points if you've got:
- 2+ years of laboratory training or experience in a high volume laboratory with documented special stain and immunohistochemistry experience
We'll give you:
- Appreciation for your work
- A feeling of satisfaction that you've helped people
- Opportunity to grow in your profession
- Free lab services for you and your dependents
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Help saving for retirement, with a 401(k) plus a company match
- A sense of belonging - we're a community!
We also want you to know:
This role will have routine access to Protected Health Information (PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable safeguards and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as well as abide by all applicable privacy and security standards. Employees are expected only to access PHI when it is required to fulfill job duties.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Pan Pacific Pathologists, LLC
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.